Today, I thought I would finally write my 2013 favourites, as it's getting closer and closer to February and I can't leave it too late! The majority of my favourites are beauty related, though I'll mention others too (like favourite film, book etc). This blogpost will most likely be long so apologies for that...
And funnily enough I am going to talk about 13 of my 2013 favourites, how ironic...
1) My favourite mascara: Benefits They're Real in Black. I honestly rate this so much. It makes my lashes look super long without any cloggyness. My lashes separate well and I'm not the only one who loves it, it's the UK's number 1 mascara!
2) My favourite concealer: Rimmels Wake Me Up Concealer. I first decided to try this out after watching YouTuber videos such as Tanya Burr and Zoella (my favourites). They both said good things about this Rimmel concealer so I thought I would give it a try. It works really well under the eyes (and I'm always tired and this works well for me) and it's great at covering spots/blemishes. To top it off, it's cheap and affordable! A must have!
3) My favourite tinted moisturiser: No7 Triple Protection. Most of you will wear foundation. I however wear tinted moisturiser, just because I feel confident enough wearing less and obviously it's a lot better for your skin. I'm not saying foundation is bad and evil and you should stay away from it, I think this year I will try a nice foundation, but every once in a while a tinted moisturiser can be very satisfying. This moisturiser gives great coverage and it is for ALL skin types. You can get it in different shades, I currently use the one for fair skin as I am very pale and I don't want my face to look a totally different colour to the rest of my body!
4) My favourite powder: Rimmels Stay Matte Powder. I have nothing but praise for this! I decided to give it ago as a lot of beauty guru's use it, and wow it works like a dream. It keeps the shininess at bay AND your make-up lasts all day long! It's also nice and cheap which is always a good thing!
5) My favourite bronzer: No7 Dual Bronzer. Now I call this my favourite bronzer but it's actually my favourite blusher also, as the majority of the time I only wear this on my cheeks. I just honestly think it's fantastic and the colour is amazing, my cheeks glow when wearing it! I think the price is reasonable, like all no7 products. I'd definitely give this one a go.
6) My favourite eye brow pencil: Nars Brow Perfector. This was my first and to this day, my only Nars product, but I know this year I'll invest in more Nars items. I feel happy knowing I have a fancy beauty brand in my make-up bag! Nars sell amazing products, so having this makes me rather excited! I love the colour (I think it's called Salzbourg but I can't be too sure) and it's so easy to apply! I have nothing but positive reviews for this. Though it's a tad dearer than your average price, every penny is worth it!
7) My favourite lipstick: No7 Coral Whisper. I had to think long and hard about this one as I love my lipsticks, but I've decided on the one I wore most in 2013. This No7 coral lipstick is gorgeous, particularly great for Spring/Summer but if it matches an outfit, great for the winter too! It lasts for hours and is an affordable price. As you can see No7 products have won my heart this year!
8) My favourite perfume: Daisy by Marc Jacobs. This is not only my favourite perfume of 2013 but generally my all time favourite perfume! I have been using it for years and a lot of people now associate the smell with me, which is pretty sweet. My younger self originally wanted it because of the cute bottle it came in. It was after I got it that I realised how lovely it actually smells. It's so sweet and refreshing. I think it will always be my favourite.
9) My Favourite Book: The Fault in our Stars by John Green. I remember reading this and smiling and laughing and crying. I felt every single emotion possible. This novel is sad, literally tragic, but the story is beautiful and I enjoyed reading every single moment of it. I can't wait for the film this year! Also, I'd like to mention a great book series I read, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott. I'd say this is for a slightly younger audience, but if you're into myth, magic and legends than this would be a great series for you! I believe they are making these six books into films in a couple of years, so it would be a good one for you to read! Keep your eyes peeled!
10) My favourite film: When I look back at the films I saw last year that were..well, amazing, I thought of quite a few. First off, in no particular order, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. As a big fan of the book trilogy I was hugely anticipating this film. I enjoyed the first film, but the second just did it for me. It was absolutely a-ma-zing! I love Jennifer Lawrence, I love action, I loved this! Also I really, REALLY enjoyed The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. I haven't actually ever read the books (though I have them and plan to read them this year) but regardless of that I thought the film was fantastic! Jamie Campbell Bower and Lily Collins acted amazingly in it and the action and humour from the very beginning kept me smiling and highly excited all the way through. The DVD is out in a matter of days so if you have any spare money, I would give it a watch! The final film I want to mention is...drum roll please....The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. WOW. JUST WOW. As a fan of the Lord of the Rings trilogy I LOVED Desolation of Smaug (the second film in The Hobbit trilogy). It was action, action, fighting, running, love, action and Orlando Bloom. What more could you want? Though the films are a mighty three hours long, it really doesn't feel like it. The action in this film and the massive cliff-hanger ending will leave you thirsty for more!
11) My favourite album: Again guys, I could not simply choose one out of the many albums I have known and loved. I have a very versatile music taste, so I hope you like one of the artists I mention. First off, Imagine Dragons: Night Visions. Before 2013 I had never heard of them. It was after hearing their song Radioactive that I fell in love with them. Their album has helped me so much and every song offers something new and exciting. My favourite song on the album is Cha-Ching. It makes me feel so happy! Secondly, Miley Cyrus: Bangerz. I have been a fan of Miley since back in the day when she was Hannah Montana, aww! This album is so different to anything I have ever heard. It's the music we'll be hearing in years to come. There are songs you can dance to, some more easy listening but all showing Miley's incredible voice and personality. I love her. And can't wait to see her in concert later this year!
12) My favourite TV programme: The Vampire Diaries. I have been a fan of this TV show since it first aired in 2009. We're now onto the fifth season (wow, I'm feeling emotional) and it just gets better and better. There's action, love, and very, VERY fit guys (yes Ian Somerhalder I am talking about you). It's an incredibly exciting show and I love it very much. As I do the cast.
13) My favourite style icon of 2013: Emma Watson. For me this was probably the easiest decision to make. I am a MASSIVE fan of Emma Watson and her style is perfect. She can go from looking stunning wearing her laid back gear at the airports to super glamorous on the red carpet. I always love her fashion choices and admire her for taking risks (like the dress-trouser outfit she wore to the 2014 Golden Globes). I have so much love for her, my ultimate girl crush. If I could have anyone's wardrobe or stylists, it would be hers! Here's one of my favourite Emma 2013 looks at the Met Gala!
So, to round this long blogpost up, I hope you have enjoyed reading my 2013 favourites! Maybe I've inspired you to read a certain book or try out a different look (I'm a poet and I didn't know it Ha! Ha!)
As always, thank you for checking out my blog. I hope to see you again soon!